Please email Liz if you’re interested in hosting a retreat in your area: email@example.com
April 22 - 28, 2022
Join us as we celebrate
Spring 2022 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Land of Enchantment
During our six-night, seven-day intermediate level retreat, we will practice yoga and immerse ourselves in the natural beauty, art and fine cuisine that Santa Fe is known for, all while nurturing the friendships that come from being part of a unique group experience.
Our venue is La Fonda on the Plaza, the only hotel situated on the historic Santa Fe Plaza, and a designated “Historic Hotel of America.”
La Fonda’s restaurants, lobby, rooftop terrace and guest rooms are decorated with a colorful, authentic Native American and New Mexican aesthetic. Throughout the hotel, you will find murals, colorful carved headboards in guest rooms, rustic ceiling beams, stained glass, tile work, and paintings by Native American artists. Museums, galleries, and restaurants are within easy walking distance of the hotel.
The retreat includes six nights at La Fonda with breakfast each morning. Two group dinners are included, one at the acclaimed La Plazuela (La Fonda’s flagship restaurant), and another at El Meson, a Spanish influenced local restaurant, where we will share tapas and paella in a rustic, intimate setting. Our morning and afternoon yoga sessions will be in a private room within the hotel.
A private guided walk highlighting the art, architecture and history of Santa Fe with tour company “Santa Fe Footprints” is also included in the retreat.
There will be time carved out during the week for you to explore the natural beauty and vibrant culture of Santa Fe on your own. You may opt to visit to a national monument, take a day trip to Taos, enjoy a serene Japanese spa just outside the city, join in a cooking class, or spend time exploring Santa Fe’s vibrant art scene.
Appropriate for fully-vaccinated participants.
The Retreat Includes:
- Seven days/six nights in a room that evokes a traditional Southwestern experience. Each room features plush bedding adorned with a hand-painted headboard, as well as handcrafted furnishings and original artwork.
- Breakfast selections each morning include traditional American breakfast favorites, dishes with a classic New Mexican flare, such as Huevos Rancheros and Huevos Oaxacas, and local cold pressed juices.
- Early evening welcome reception on Friday, April 22.
- One group dinner at La Plazuela at La Fonda, where Southwestern specialties are enjoyed beneath expansive skylights that filter natural light and a soothing fountain that creates a relaxing dining atmosphere.
- One group dinner at a local restaurant.
- 10 hours of yoga practice, including morning asana and late afternoon restorative yoga sessions.
- 2-hour guided walk highlighting the art, architecture and history of Santa Fe.
- Yoga sessions begin on Saturday 4/23 and end on Wednesday 4/27. Friday 4/22 and Thursday 4/28 are travel days.
- Please bring a yoga mat and strap. One blanket and two blocks will be provided.
Retreat price does not include travel costs. Upon inquiry we will send you an email of helpful hints about coming to Santa Fe and options for transport from ABQ to La Fonda.
Deposit, Payment, and Cancellation Policy:
- Hold your place with a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person.
- Full non-refundable payment is due by January 15, 2022. In the case of your cancellation, refunds (for yoga sessions only) are available until February 15, 2022. After that date, no refunds are possible.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Payments may be made via Venmo @Liz-Owen-11 (preferred), or PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For double occupancy, register with a friend or partner. We can inquire about finding a roommate for you.
Register For Spring 2022 Retreat in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Land of Enchantment – April 22-28, 2022
Full non-refundable payment is due by January 15, 2022
Contact email@example.com with inquiries.
Fall 2022 dates TBA
Enjoy the beautiful New England fall season in the quiet beauty of Block Island, Rhode Island with a three-day yoga retreat. Included are two nights at The 1661 Inn, two morning and two afternoon yoga sessions, two champagne breakfasts, one dinner at the Spring House Restaurant, and two “wine & nibbles” hours. The 1661 Inn holds a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor, please click here to view its ratings.
The Nature Conservancy named Block Island “One of the Last Great Places”. You’ll have plenty of time between yoga sessions to walk, hike or bike around the island. Experience its natural beauty, shop in the quaint town center, or just relax at the hotel’s beautifully landscaped grounds overlooking Block Island Sound.
We recommend getting to Block Island by ferry from Point Judith. The 1661 Inn is in the town center, just a short walk from the ferry terminal. Yoga sessions are held at Harbor Church, a short walk from the Inn. You don’t need a car on the island, but if you’d like to bring one, please be sure to make advance reservations with both the ferry company and The 1661 Inn.
We have added the Farm House to offer a gathering space for the group. This beautiful home, with full living and dining rooms, kitchen, two bedrooms and large deck, overlooks Abrams Farm and offers beautiful views of Block Island Sound. All participants are welcome to enjoy this venue between yoga sessions to take in the views, relax, and enjoy each other’s company.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Plan to come early on arrival day and leave late on departure day to enjoy all that Block Island has to offer.
- Standard rooms are in Dodge Cottage and Anchor House, part of The 1661 Inn. All standard rooms have one queen bed and private baths with showers.
- Upgraded rooms with king or queen bed and pullout sofa beds in the Farm House, Dodge Cottage, and Anchor House are available upon request.
- Guest rooms are usually ready for occupancy by 2:00 p.m. A place is available for your luggage should you arrive earlier in the day, or when you check out by 11:00 a.m. If you’d like to extend your stay, please make arrangements with The 1661 Inn.
- Information with our yoga venue location and helpful travel hints will be sent to participants prior to the retreats,
- Bicycle and moped rentals are available in the town center.
- Travel costs are not included.
- All deposits and payments are non-refundable. We strongly recommend travel insurance to protect your investment. Information about insurance can be found on 1661 Inn’s website here.
All prices are per person. Registration by check or Venmo (@Liz-Owen-11) is preferred, Paypal is also accepted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for check payment instructions and with any questions.
Hold your place with a non-refundable $100 deposit or with payment in full.
Costs for our Fall 2021 retreat:
Standard Room in Dodge Cottage & Anchor House:
Upgraded Rooms in the Farm House:
Double Occupancy (per person) – Master suite with king bed, pullout sofa bed, jacuzzi tub and shower in private bath, and deck with ocean view.
BEDROOM 2 – SOLD OUT
Queen bed, pullout sofa bed, and private bath with shower.
Triple or quadruple occupancy in the Farm House is available for Bedroom 2 with additional twin beds in an adjacent loft, priced upon request.
Contact email@example.com with inquiries.
2023 Dates TBD
Join us to relax and unwind on the calm and peaceful island of Holbox, a virgin tourist destination on the north coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. Holbox is separated from the mainland coast of Mexico by a shallow lagoon which gives sanctuary to thousands of flamingos, pelicans and other exotic birds. The island, part of the Yum Balam Biosphere Reserve, is surrounded by clear, emerald green water rimmed by magnificent white sand beaches. Colorful murals painted by artists with the International Public Artist Festival brighten the small town center, accessible from our hotel by a 20 minute walk along the beach. Holbox has recently received positive press because of its untouched beauty and its contrast to popular Yucatan peninsula destinations such as Tulum, Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
The venue for our yoga retreat is Villas Flamingos, a beachfront boutique hotel whose waterfront location directly on the sparkling waters of the Yum Balam Reserve lagoon make it a unique destination. Our twice daily yoga classes will be held in a thatched-roof palapa. In our third floor aerie, we practice with magnificent views of the ocean laid out before us. Between classes there will be time to cool down in the seafront pool, walk along the beach to town, take a siesta in a hammock, go for a kayak tour, bike around the island, or simply surrender to the slow rhythm of island life by doing “nothing”.
This is an all-levels retreat, appropriate for anyone with 1+ year of yoga experience. Five morning yoga sessions for two separate levels of practice, gentle/beginner and intermediate, are offered. Participants will be advised to attend the session which best aligns with their level of practice, and with consideration of injuries and conditions. All participants come together for five afternoon restorative yoga and breath work sessions.
THE WEEK INCLUDES:
- Eight days/seven nights in a standard garden view room or standard ocean view room. Room upgrades are available at an extra charge.
- Breakfast each morning in the open air beach front restaurant with egg dishes of your choice, fruit, yogurt, cereals, breads, delicious Yucatan specialties, fresh juices, tea and coffee.
- Welcome reception Saturday evening.
- One group dinner at El Mangle Restaurant at Villas Flamingos, and one group dinner at a local restaurant. Both are open-air venues.
- Five morning yoga sessions for two separate levels of practice. Participants will be advised to attend the session which best aligns with their level of practice, and with consideration of injuries and conditions.
- Five afternoon restorative yoga and breath work sessions.
- Yoga sessions begin on Sunday and end on Friday. Saturdays are travel days.
- Retreat price does not include travel costs.
- ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT WITH TRIP INSURANCE.
Upon inquiry we will send you an email of helpful hints for coming to Isla Holbox, including transportation options from Cancun airport.
Below are dates and pricing for the December 2021 retreat. Updated information will be posted Spring 2022.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
Hold your place with a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person. Full non-refundable payment is due by October 1, 2021. Payments may be made via check (preferred) or Paypal. To pay by check please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For double occupancy, register with a friend or partner. We can inquire about finding a roommate for you.
Saturday, December 4-11, 2021
VISTA JARDIN – Standard garden view room
VISTA JARDIN – Standard garden view room
VISTA MAR – Standard ocean view room
VISTA MAR – Standard ocean view room
Contact email@example.com with inquiries.
Read testimonials we received from previous trips to Isla Holbox
Please read some of the testimonials we received from previous trips to Isla Holbox.
“I have been on four yoga retreats with Liz and am eagerly anticipating the fifth. Liz is really an amazing yoga teacher. Drawing on her years of experience, each class is designed to have a consistent theme. Poses build from basic toward the more advanced, and her individualized guidance allows for true growth in your yoga practice. As the week progressed, it became clear that Liz actually had an overall plan for the week’s daily sessions, each class building on the one before – amazing! Liz has a natural gift of generosity of spirit and compassion and the participants are a reflection of that gift. If you have concerns about attending a yoga retreat where you are unfamiliar with the teacher and would not know anyone, don’t be afraid. The group will welcome you with open arms and open hearts!
Villa Flamingos on Isla Holbox is the perfect spot for a Yoga retreat. There are wonderful views of the ocean from the third floor palapa and a beautiful sandy beach. The food is great and the rooms and beds are very comfortable. There is even a special surprise in the shower (you’ll just have to come and find out). Isla Holbox provides a selection of diverse activities including kayak tours and an eco-tour that includes sightings of hundreds of birds and a swim in a fresh water pond once used by pirates. Or you can just relax on the beach or by the pool. This retreat has everything!!”
– Wendy Z., Vermont
“This is a truly wonderful retreat. The location is both stunning and peaceful. The hotel staff members were friendly and helpful. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable. It was the perfect environment for a yoga retreat. The classes themselves were very thoughtfully constructed. Liz is an exceptional yoga teacher and always has the right input to help me expand my practice. I loved it.”
– Kat M., Massachusetts
“Isla Holbox is a watercolored gem of an island and an ideal setting for a Yoga Retreat. After our early morning yoga practice in the spacious palapa facing the ocean, we enjoyed a breakfast buffet at small tables just feet from the beach. I never tired of looking at the water and the egrets, pelicans and shore birds that were always there. The grounds of Villas Flamingoes are serene; there are comfortable shaded beach chairs dotted around the private beach and lots of opportunities to read, walk on the sand bar, or socialize with our wonderful group. I could get my fix of “town” by walking along the beach to shop for Mexican silver earrings and textiles in the little town center and to people watch while sitting in an outdoor cafe sipping a banana smoothie. This is a special place and a perfect setting to practice yoga with Liz, explore nature, or just simply relax.”
– Judy E., Massachusetts
Read testimonials we received from previous trips to Isla Mujeres
NABALAM RETREAT TESTIMONIALS:
Please read some of the testimonials we received from previous trips to NaBalam.
We thought the NaBalam Hotel was tastefully appointed, lovely, quiet, and accommodating. Its attractive rooms, with their white stucco walls and simple built-ins, have almost a Southwestern feel to them. Comfortable beds, AC as well as a ceiling fan, and plenty of hot water for showers all were the norm. We enjoyed walking into the main town, just a short walk away. The staff at the front desk was very helpful, and Judy was instrumental in steering us to restaurants and places of interest when we wished to explore the island during our free time.
Classes were well-spaced during the day, so we had yoga, quietude, and ample time to ourselves. The classes themselves were SUPERLATIVE. Liz is an attentive, thoughtful, gifted, and vigilant teacher. Her ability to meet her students wherever they are in their practice, to tailor to their needs, and guide them is off the charts superb.
We especially enjoyed the fact that we had some group dinners and got to meet and socialize with our fellow yogis and yoginis. The meals the chef at NaBalam created for us were truly delicious, and a treat for the eyes as well. Thank you for SUCH a restorative retreat!
– Peg, Fred, and Logan W.
The Liz Owen Yoga Retreat at NaBalam was an experience I cherish. The location was warm, beautiful and relaxed. The group was easy-going and welcoming, so I could spend time by myself or spend it socializing, whatever was best for me. The truly exceptional part, though, was being able to work with Liz for extended periods every day. She is a very gifted teacher and practitioner, and a bright, funny, excellent person. I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to focus on their practice, or just to take some good time out for themselves.
– Kat M.
The relaxed topical environment and warm weather really allowed me to relax, forget my busy life and dive into my yoga; mentally and physically. Liz is an amazing teacher; excellent instruction for the beginner and encouragement for the experience yogi who wishes to be challenged. The two sessions of yoga per day enabled me to take my yoga to the next level. A much need cure for the winter blahs…see you there!
– Christiana M.
Liz Owen’s yoga retreat on Isla Mujeres is magical. Sandy beaches, warm water and a beautiful palapa. But perhaps the most magical part is Liz herself. Liz has a way of accommodating everyone, respecting where one is in their practice while encouraging one to try stretching a little more. I experienced a couple firsts, like my first supported headstand and my first time snorkeling. I have been on the retreat twice now and each time the group was full of interesting and friendly people adding to the overall experience. I would highly recommend this retreat and am looking forward to heading to Mexico next March!
– Kathy R.